Baby Shower Gift Ideas
So you've been invited to a baby shower - how lovely!
Or perhaps you wish to send a baby gift directly to a new mum-to-be?
Selecting a memorable baby shower gift / new baby gift for a friend, colleague or loved one can sometimes be a tricky task as it's not always easy to know just what the mum-to-be may want or need. However, most seasoned mums will agree that their most cherished gifts came in the form of either practical go-to's or treasured keepsakes.
You may choose to go down a more traditional path and decide on a gift that you know will always come in handy - such as a baby memory or keepsake book, a swaddling blanket, a mountain of nappies, or a cute little outfit for the tiny human that is about to enter the world.
Alternatively, perhaps you're looking for something unique, quirky, luxurious or personal.
Bundle's top tips and suggestions choosing a baby shower or new baby gift:
- If you're buying baby clothes, consider the season the baby will be born in. You may wish to buy items that the baby can wear when it's 6 or 12 months old - just make sure you think about what the weather will be like when the baby is that size/age.
- If the sex of the baby is unknown, keep to gender neutral colours, particularly white or grey.
- It's totally fine to pitch in with other friends and family members if the mum-to-be is in need of larger items, such as a car seat or nursery furniture.
- If you're a mum yourself, think about the items you couldn't have lived without and share your recommendation by gifting those to the mum-to-be. She will love that you have made her life just a little bit easier!
- Your gift doesn't have to be for the baby - if there's something you know the mum-to-be will love, particularly something indulgent or luxurious that she may not buy herself, then go ahead and give that. Most new mums would love a 'pamper pack'.
- If in doubt, go for practical items!
We think that our Curated Bundles check all the boxes and make the ideal baby shower gift! They're packed full to the brim with high-quality practical, essential items (many of which are natural and organic) for both mum-to-be and baby, while also making the expectant mum feel extremely special. What's more, you can personalise your gift by adding additional products and by including a handwritten note for your loved one.
We also offer Gift Cards, for when you'd like to give the mum-to-be the final decision about which items she loves the most.
For a lot of other great baby shower gift ideas and suggestions, we recommend you check out 'Gift Guide: Baby Shower Gifts' on Mum's Grapevine.
Are you an expectant mum who's been asked for gift ideas?
If you like the look of our Bundles, let us know below and we'll send a hint that you'd like to receive one as a gift. We'll send a link to the products you've got your eye on to directly to your friend or family member. Just include the name and email address of the person that you'd like us to contact, as well as which product(s) you'd love!